Stephanie's Acoustic Neuroma Surgery

Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm alive!!!

I cannot believe it's been 3 weeks.  I am doing so much better.  Nick went back to work last Monday and my mom spent the days at my house all last week.  I don't have any nausea anymore and I don't have much pain either.  I am still very dizzy but I can tell that it is getting better also.  I feel like my face is also getting better.  My eye doesn't bother me as much or get dried out like it used to.  I used to have a hard time falling asleep because I couldn't keep my eyelid shut, but that doesn't happen anymore.  I can move my nose better and my smile doesn't look quite as crazy as it did for a little while there.  I feel almost like myself again.  I am still not driving mostly because I get so dizzy when I turn my head back and forth.  I also still get very worn out easily.  We had my family over for Claira's birthday party on Sat. night, I was a little nervous at how I would handle all the noise and chaos that comes with having 26 people over 12 of them young kids but I was fine.  I guess the constant noise from my 6 kids has gotten me used to it.  It was fun to have everyone over.  I am always frustrated with my loss of hearing in my right ear.  Everything sounds so different and quiet.  It is very confusing not being able to tell where sound comes from.  I also have ringing in that ear, it drives me nuts sometimes.  My ear is feeling more normal but still at times feels like it's stuffed up. It feels like I have water in it and my voice echos in my head when I talk sometimes.  I am trying to be patient I know eventually I will get used to it.   I am on my own today with the kids and so far it's going just fine.  It feels good to be mom again.  Thank you everyone for all your concern and prayers.  I feel so blessed, this recovery has gone quicker and better than I had prepared myself for.   And thank you to everyone for the meals, yummy treats, sweet cards and messages and for shoveling our snow for us.  Thank you everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. This is so great to read. You have been in my thoughts and prayers since I read your first post. I don't always comment, but I've read all your blog posts and have followed your journey. You are so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you have come so far so fast! Don't overdo it. I'm just across the street if you need help with anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please call if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you that everything has gone so well! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what it has been like for you trying to be mommy and dealing with all this! I hope things continue to go well for you in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete